Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bobby Flay's Business Plan and the Food Through Culture Business Plan


Looking at Bobby Flay and his expertise on business plans, I have made note of his techniques. I have learned that I need to have industry experience before I launch my business. Bobby Flay started out by working a restaurant with his father. It was there that he learned that he needed to further his education in culinary arts. After he graduated from culinary school he opened up more restaurants, wrote cookbooks and became a television personality.

I intend to incorporate what I learned from Bobby Flay by gaining experience in my field, which is travel, food and entertainment. I am already receiving my education from Full Sail University, where I graduate in September with a Master’s Degree in Entertainment Business. After I graduate I intend to start blogging or write free-lance pieces that will eventually lead to a book. I am also hoping that the book will turn into a television series on the Food Network, Travel Channel, Cooking Channel or Discovery Channel.

I have not made in specific changes to my plan. I have changed my plan compared to Bobby Flay’s. He owned a restaurant, then got his education, then launched the rest of his business plan. I am getting me education, then I am going to gain experience and then from there I will launch the rest of my business plan.  Before I read about Bobby Flay’s business plan, I really had no direction of how I should execute my own business plan. By using him as a model, I have created a distinct and precise business plan that I can follow through with.

The section of the business plan that I believe is most important is the experience portion. By gaining experience, I gain insight on the industry that I wish to become a part of.  The experience will prepare me for obstacles that I may run into when I start my own business. Another important aspect of my business plan is developing the product, which will be the book. I need to do the research in order to produce the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment